apps-gnustep

Re: apps-gnustep Digest, Vol 47, Issue 3

From: J. Jordan
Subject: Re: apps-gnustep Digest, Vol 47, Issue 3
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:49:01 +0100

Thomas,
FSviewer is not a GNUstep application. It has a similar look but does not use any of the GNUstep supporting structure and is no longer being actively developed. That explains why you could not find openapp. If you want to use FSviewer then you can probably just drop a symlink into /usr/bin and it will start like any other apication. If are interested in GNUstep and want to see the real-deal take a look at GWorkspace:

http://www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace/

GWorkspace is being actively developed and I use it every day. You will need to install the GNUstep base/back/gui to make it work but I believe that is all well supported under BSD.

http://www.gnustep.org

Will help  you get started.

Also take a look at:

http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/Platform:BSD