apps-gnustep

Gworkspace

From: Patrick CARDONA
Subject: Gworkspace
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:03:23 +0000

Hi,

Please, forgive my english : I'm a french user and don't find any french GNUStep users group. I'm using GNUStep environment for dayly use (WindowMaker, GWorkspace, GNUMail, etc.). I love it.
Nevertheless I've noticed some problems :
When I launch an Inspector, the window don't show any title bar, so I can't move this window elsewhere. Only close it. Idem for Finder and Search result : no more title bar. So, according to some screenshots I saw on the web, I think something is wrong.

Well, my OS is : Debian sarge on GNU/Linux, i686 :
Linux version 2.6.8-2-686 (address@hidden) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-12)) #1 Thu May 19 17:53:30 JST 2005

The package version of Gworkspace .deb :
address@hidden:~$ dpkg -l|grep -i gworkspace
ii  gworkspace-app 0.7.0-1        Application wrappers for GWorkspace
ii  gworkspace.app 0.7.0-1        GNUstep Workspace Manager

But if I select from GWorkspace menu : "Informations -> A propos..." this About item says : 0.7.0 (03 / 2005)

I saw 0.7.2 is awailable, but my Debian is stable (Sarge), so I don't know if I can make it from a tgz.

My GNUStep framework is :
ii gnustep 3 The GNUstep Development Environment -- user
ii  gnustep-back   0.9.5-1        The GNUstep GUI Backend
ii  gnustep-base-c 1.10.3-1       GNUstep Base library - common files
ii  gnustep-exampl 1.0.0-1        GNUstep Example Applications
ii  gnustep-gui-co 0.9.5-1        GNUstep Gui Library - common files
ii gnustep-icons 1.0-4 Several free icons for use with GNUstep and
ii  gnustep-make   1.10.0-5       Basic GNUstep Scripts and Makefiles
ii  libgnustep-bas 1.10.3-1       GNUstep Base library
ii libgnustep-bas 1.10.3-1 GNUstep Base header files and development li
ii  libgnustep-gui 0.9.5-1        GNUstep Gui Library
ii libgnustep-gui 0.9.5-1 GNUstep Gui header files and static librarie

Thanks for the great stuff and hope you can advise me.
Bye !
Patrick CARDONA
address@hidden