ampu-dev

[Ampu-dev] Unimportant superficial stuff =)

From: Lee Braiden
Subject: [Ampu-dev] Unimportant superficial stuff =)
Date: 22 Feb 2002 03:27:04 +0000

Hi guys,

I was messing around with a logo today.  It still needs work (I'm saying
that a lot lately =), but if nothing else, it will fill the empty space
in the UML pages which adiffer has kindly made up, and I'll be throwing
together something resembling an real, honest-to-god website (*gasp*)
for the project soon, so we needed something in terms of a logo, if not
a final one =)

This particular logo has the following: a round marble table
representing potential for discussion -- with the earth filling the
central hole in that table, the AMPU name in front the globe, and and a
copy of the US Constitution lying on the table, just in front of that,
as if to imply that such documents could be formed or followed by the
system, and that world events as a whole can be discussed and/or managed
using it.

Other ideas which you guys might prefer are welcome.  Some other ideas
I've had (or stolen, in one case =), include:

*  two hemispheres of earth on the front and back page of a newspaper,
being held open by a group

*  one head reading a newspaper, but the head is actually a globe?
This idea belongs to (and was shamelessly stolen from =) a college
newspaper somewhere, but it could be modified enough to make something
unique, and indeed should be altered, since this isn't just a college
newspaper.

* finally, just a few more concepts... how about something with a ballot
paper being dropped into a slot within a globe, or many people
supporting the earth?  Speech bubbles?  Hands being shook in
cooperation?

--
Lee Braiden,

Lead Developer,