advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] RMVB

From: André Walker
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] RMVB
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:20:03 -0200

VLC returned the following error message:

no suitable decoder module for fourcc `RV40'.
VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
On 2/6/08, André Walker <address@hidden> wrote:

 How can I convert RMVB files to Ogg Theora on Linux? ffmpeg2theora doesn't
support it, it only transcodes the audio, although it works smoothly with
.mov for instance... I'm searching all over the internet, and can't find
anything... I hate this RMVB format!

I'm not sure, but I believe VLC should do it.  One big problem of Real
Media formats is that most revisions are awfully supported in free
software tools, which make transcoding them to Theora a bit hard.

Thanks for favoring Theora over non-free formats.

-Ivo