advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page

From: Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Help with embedding ogg files in a web page
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:12:22 +0000

Ah, xiando.  I remember you, so-called "computer expert" who after not
being able to make sense of ffmpeg2theora went on to try and spread
FUD about it.  You are also the guy who spends his time writing about
conspiracy theories and how people should pirate porn to save the
environment.  You are a fucking wacko, and I'm not surprised to see
you here.

For the record, I told Mr.Praveen about the solution for Ogg embeding
the Wikimedia Foundation is using in Wikipedia and other places, which
is a mix of Cortado and HTML 5 <video><audio>.  Their fallback in case
the user doesn't have either an HTML5 browser nor Java is indeed to
provide a direct link to the file, but only as a last resort.  So,
embeding Ogg does indeed work.

You would do best in helping out those who are trying to make the
world a better place.  Who knows, maybe people would take you
seriously for once.  If you can't be bothered don't get in the way.
It's just annoying.

-Ivo