advocate

Re: PlayOgg

From: Ringo Kamens
Subject: Re: PlayOgg
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:42:39 -0400

I agree and I think that AAC should be critiqued. Especially because
it supports DRM.
Comrade Ringo Kamens

On 5/17/07, Dominic Lepiane <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I saw a message today about this new "Play Ogg" campaign started by the FSF.
As per most "yay Ogg" pages on the web, the site extols the virtues of Ogg
(Vorbis generally) over MP3.  I just wanted to point out that AAC (MP4) is a
codec (and container, respectively) that is rapidly growing in popularity
thanks to the great success of iTunes which currently has what, 90% of the
Online music sales market?  I would encourage the advocates for PlayOgg to
critique AAC in addition to MP3.

Thanks for your attention

--
Dominic Lepiane