ada-mode-users

Re: How to build with Alire

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: How to build with Alire
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:03:38 +0100

You can use "alr edit", with some inconveniences.

It basically sets the environment as in "alr printenv" and then starts the
editor in that environment.

I run the attached shell script; if the argument is "emacs", it configures "alr
edit" to run a new copy of emacs; otherwise, GNATStudio.

Disadvantage: it opens emacs on the GPR, so you have to navigate to an Ada
source before you can set the GPR as the one to use.

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
    emacs)
        alr config --global --set editor.cmd 'open -n -a emacs ${GPR_FILE}'
        ;;
    *)
        alr config --global --set editor.cmd 'open -n -a gnatstudio --
${GPR_FILE}'
        ;;
esac