ada-mode-users

Re: Some proposed patches to ada-mode (and gpr-mode)

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Some proposed patches to ada-mode (and gpr-mode)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 10:34:45 -0700

> * build-wisi-on-darwin.diff
>  This copies the setup in org.emacs.ada-mode/build/Makefile. (I see
> that the source was for wisi 3.1.3 (commit e2abee2 of 26 June) - I
> would have pulled the latest from savannah, but I had build problems
> re: the gpr-mode separation, so reverted).

Applied.

And the gpr-mode separation in HEAD is cleaner now (I just pushed). I'm
planning to release a new beta with support for eglot soon.

> * gnat-compiler-gpr-file.diff
> I can’t remember what drove me to this change, but it looks like a
> simplification?

I think there was a time when the -P arg could not handle a directory in
the file name. If this is working for you, it does look better.

I don't use ada-build, and there are no automated tests for it.

> * c-p-in-gpr-mode.diff
> I found that C-p in a .gpr file failed, at any rate if this was the
> first project file opened in a session??

Apparently I had the same problem; I already did this. wisi-prj-dtrt (do
the right thing) should handle it anyway; currently it just reports an
error, letting the user fix it.

> I’d like to have C-c build the project in gpr-mode.

I guess most (all?) of ada-build could be moved to wisi as wisi-build,
or maybe to gnat-compiler as gnat-build. Then gpr-mode could use it.

Not high on my list ...

--
-- Stephe