ada-mode-users

Re: problems with building ada-mode

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: problems with building ada-mode
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 18:40:56 +0200

Bernardo <address@hidden> writes:
> Greetings,
>
> A total Ada newb here, having problems with building ada-mode.

Mmm; a month ago I was toying with the idea of making an ada-mode
package for Debian... I guess I should revive that idea...

> Running:
>  Emacs 28.0.50
>  ada-mode-7.0.1
>  gnat-8 (having the same problem with gnat-7)
>  on Debian 10 (buster)
>
> Getting this error when building ada-mode:
>
> $ ./build.sh
> HAVE_GNATCOLL_XREF=no
> ada_mode_wisi_parse.gpr:21:06: unknown project file: "gnatcoll"
> ada_mode_wisi_parse.gpr:22:06: unknown project file: "gnatcoll_sqlite"
[...]
> Any ideas what am i missing here?

apt-get install libgnatcoll-xref18-dev gprbuild

and don't say "there isn't much in Debian collection of packages" :)

then ada-mode should build cleanly.  I tried in a fresh Debian stable
chroot and it doesn't; I had to:

* delete "with "gnat_util";" from ada_mode_wisi_parse.gpr.gp
* gzip ada_lr1_parse_table.txt

before ./build.sh worked.  But at least this succeeded.

Stephe, perhaps it is time for a version 7.0.2 that fixes these glitches
and documents the build dependencies better?  Also, it appears gnat_util
is not used anywhere.

--
Ludovic Brenta.