xmakemol-discuss

Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Problem Installing Xmakemol

From: Matt Hodges
Subject: Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Problem Installing Xmakemol
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 13:20:47 +0000

 > I'm attempting to load Xmakemol 5-15 on a PC running SUSE 9.3.
 > When I try to run configure I get the following error message
 > related to XOpenDisplay.

[...]

 > checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
 > configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
 >                 Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
 >                 and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
 >                 See the 'config.log' file for further diagnostics.

Usually this means that you don't have the X11 development packages
installed.  I don't know what they're called on SuSE, but I would
expect some combination of x11, xfree86 or xorg with lib, dev or
devel.

(You will also need the LessTif/Motif development packages, and the
Mesa/OpenGL ones if you want to use those features.)

Matt