xmakemol-discuss

[XMakemol-discuss] Problem Installing Xmakemol

From: dawood
Subject: [XMakemol-discuss] Problem Installing Xmakemol
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:44:12 -0600 (CST)

I'm attempting to load Xmakemol 5-15 on a PC running SUSE 9.3.  When I try to
run configure I get the following error message related to XOpenDisplay.

linux:/usr/local/src/xmakemol-5.15 # ./configure
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for X... no
checking for Motif... libraries /usr/X11/lib, headers (none)
checking for Xpm... libraries (none), headers (none)
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
                Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
                and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
                See the 'config.log' file for further diagnostics.
linux:/usr/local/src/xmakemol-5.15 #

The following appears to be the relevant part of config.log.

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 2554 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char XOpenDisplay();

int main() {
XOpenDisplay()
; return 0; }