www-es-general

Re: [GNU-traductores] Statement if, while...

From: Javier Fdez. Retenaga
Subject: Re: [GNU-traductores] Statement if, while...
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:24:24 +0200

Dora Scilipoti escribió:
> On 13/06/2014 11:41, Javier Fdez. Retenaga wrote:
> > ¿Cómo se traduce ahí "statement"? ¿Declaración, sentencia...?
>
> ¿Dónde te lo has encontrado? ¿Podrías poner más contexto?

"You see, if somebody has made a machine that does something once, and somebody
else designs a machine that will do the same thing, but N times, for us that's
for-loop, but for the Patent Office that's an invention. If there are machines
that can do A, and there are machines that can do B, and somebody designs a
machine that can do A or B, for us that's an *if-then-else statement*, but for
the Patent Office that's an invention".

O, por ejemplo, al explicar las diferencias entre la ingeniería física y la
ingeniería informática:

"For instance, when I put an if-statement inside of a while-loop,

    I don't have to worry that if this while-loop repeats at the wrong rate,
the
if-statement might start to vibrate and it might resonate and crack;
    I don't have to worry that if it resonates much faster—you know, millions
of
times per second—that it might generate radio frequency signals that might
induce wrong values in other parts of the program; (...)".

"While" es un "loop", y así lo llama al principio de esta cita, pero otras
veces
lo llama "statement", que es una denominación más general.