tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Compilation fails with XMLRPC enabled

From: Robert de Vries
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Compilation fails with XMLRPC enabled
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:25:20 +0200

On 3/31/07, Stephane GALLES <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Robert,

I don't have a Fedora Core 6 installed in order to reproduce your
problem, but I don't really understand how the current compilation
scheme of the XMLRPC support could be out date, as I regularly compile
TSP with the XMLRPC support enabled, with the latest stable version
of the xmlrpc-c library from the official site.

Maybe there could be a problem with the version of the Fedora Core 6 ?
Maybe it is out of date or, it is a modified version as you said ?

It is not out of date, it is version 1.06.11. However it applies a patch to convert from autoconfig to cmake.
This patch also fails to create a number of symbolic links in the include directory.
There are probably more differences.

However, if you want, I may still try to test your patch to see if it is
compatible both with the vanilla install of xmlrpc-c and
the version of the fedora core 6. Let me know.

Maybe I can convince the package maintainer to drop the cmake patch, and remain more vanilla.

    Robert