traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:54:20 +0100

Hi,

> Both bugs are fixed. Mono is played back on both channels, and the buzz is
> gone. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome :)

> (There's a missing #include <QPair> in core/DiskIO.h in cvs at the moment.)

Yeah I know, working on it

> > > I'm working on the english manual ATM. I'll also update the german
> > > translation of the manual. Does anyone want to help me with the english
> > > one?
> >
> > My english isn't very good, but for a change it's perhaps good for me to
> > work on that stuff too. Any specific areas that need to be updated ?
>
> I realized that it isn't that much to change at all. I updated the compile
> section and added a section about the default recording format. I'll see
> that the screenshots are up to date and in English, and probably the export
> and CD-burning sections will change a little due to new formats and
> dialogs. Anything else I should mention?

That's indeed about it I think, when there is something else to update, I'll
let you know

> I think I can do it alone, but I would appreciate if you could review it
> when it's done.

Sure, thanks!

> > > And do you have someone for the german translation of the GUI?
> >
> > Will ask in the #traverso irc channel, that sometimes works very well ;)
>
> Ok, but if noone volunteers, let me know.

OK

> > > Are my themes (ubuntu, medium-contrast) ok? If not, can you give me
> > > more information about what's missing?
> >
> > The play cursor is black and imho ugly, maybe it's due a missing color ?
> > Also, most audio applications use _red_ for the playcursor, what about
> > switching to red for the playcursor, using a fixed color ?
> > I've added a couple of new colors (Marker end) so these need to be added
> > to the themes as well.
> > And perhaps a bit of polishing, dunno.
> > What would be nice too I think is when users start Traverso from Gnome,
> > that the ubuntu theme is used instead of the Traverso-light one?
>
> I'll add the missing colors, but if you have ideas for polishing, feel free
> to apply them. As for Gnome, AFAIK the brownish colors are Ubuntu specific,
> so the Ubuntu theme would probably look out of place on other
> distributions. This screenshot shows Fedora 8, I'm not sure if it's the
> default look, though:
>
> http://images.gfx.no/341/341240/nodoka-draft_c.png
>
> But using the ubuntu theme as default in an ubuntu package would be nice
> indeed.

Oops..... Funny screenshot though :)

Hmm, I allready uploaded this particular change...
Always thought that gnome themes were dark, brown and ugly :P

Have a nice weekend,

Remon