traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Release progress update
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:20:56 +0100

Hi Remon,

Thanks for the update.

Am Samstag, 24. November 2007 00.09:23 schrieb Remon:
> * Testing, testing and some more testing. If anything doesn't work that
> worked before, please file a bug report or send mail to this list.
> Special attention should go to the new audio file formats for both
> reading/writing and on the fly sample rate conversion

Ok, I found a pretty nasty one. Try the following:
- new project
- import a stereo wave file to track 1
- export it as mono/44100/16 (mono!)
- import the mono file into the same project, behind the stereo file on track
2

You will notice that any mono file is only played back on the left channel.
Furthermore, if mono and stereo files are mixed in the sheet, you will hear a
strong buzz while the mono file plays.

Can you confirm that?

> * Translations: The manual is being worked on, or at least that's planned ?
> At least a start can be made to update the translations of the User
> Interface. (If anyone want's to work on those, let me know please)

I'm working on the english manual ATM. I'll also update the german translation
of the manual. Does anyone want to help me with the english one? And do you
have someone for the german translation of the GUI?

> * Themes: new themes were added, but some new theme variables were added
> also, so some tweaking to the theme files would be great.

Are my themes (ubuntu, medium-contrast) ok? If not, can you give me more
information about what's missing?

Can't wait for the next release. Christmas will be spectacular this year. KDE4
*and* Traverso 0.42.0!!! :D

Cheers
Nic