traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Reports about latest CVS
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:17:19 +0200

Remon wrote:
>>> * Perhaps the < X > split command should use the work cursor instead of
>>> the current mouse pointer?
>> I agree.  :)  I suggested this a while back too.  Remon, what do you think?
>
> Discussed this with Ben a little, what about using [ X ] ? (if I didn't
> mention this allready here?)
>
> With [ X ] you get all the nice things like autoscroll, snapping, position
> indication...
> The snap will only happen when [ X ] finishes of course hehe.
> The idea was to add some kind of 'split cursor' for extra visual feedback
> (e.g. you see when snapping happens)

But there already is a work cursor! I think it's quite logical to use
that. And if you know you want to split at your mouse cursor, then just
tap Shift before X.

But, there could be a toggle. Or better yet, one command to split at
mouse cursor and one to split at work cursor?

> Current cvs has a naive implementation to let the plugins stay aligned to the
> viewport, and it seems to work ok.
> One problem with it is that scrolling always repaints the plugins now, and as
> a result, scrolling will consume more cpu then you was used too...
>
> A reworked 'resources bin' (Audio files and Clips) is there also, dragging (a
> selection of) clips from it to a track works in theory, but it doesn't quite
> work right still..
> But you can get an idea how it is supposed to gonna work, if you have any
> requests, ideas, let me know please.

I'll take a look next week when I come back from the weekends live
performances (actually performing music, not just sitting in a studio! ;)

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]