traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:42:33 -0700

On 4/23/07, Jonatan Liljedahl <address@hidden> wrote:
ben levitt wrote:
> Yeah, I implemented this in a previous multiplatform project
> (http://daosim.sf.net/) so I was thinking of adding this functionality
> to traverso when I get a chance...

Ok, cool!
But I get a 404:

Doh, that's what I get for trying to type a url instead of copy it.  I meant:
  http://daoism.sourceforge.net/

It's a very simple, kinda hacky program that lets you build/edit toc
files, and burn them to CDs.  It lets you visually build up and listen
to a string of audio clips (and silences) and then burn them.  It's
been very useful for me, but I look forward to when Traverso can fully
replace it.  :)  (I will then link to traverso from the daoism pages.)

> I also think that we may want to have a separate type of Marker to
> mark CD track marks.  Normal markers could continue to server their
> generic purposes, and only these CDMarkers would have CDText info.
> They could look different from normal markers (look like CDs?) and
> they could show their auto-generated track number next to the icon in
> the timeline view.

What are the purpose of normal markers?

I use normal markers as bookmarks in the audio to remind myself
exactly where something interesting happens.  Like where the 1-beat is
where I'm about to mix another song into, etc.

I also really want to implement Markers on AudioClips in addition to
the existing Markers on the Song.  The AudioClip Markers would be
fixed on a Clip, so that moving the clip would move the marker.  I
imagine the marker icon living in the AudioClipView's header line.
But I don't want to start messing with this idea until after the
upcoming release.  :)

Ben