traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] song splitting during export
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:37:32 +0200

Remon wrote:
>> Thanks to all.
>
> You're welcome :)
>
>> As far as splitting is concerned, I think that what Nicola describes shoud
>> answer my request. I will test that ASAP. I'm just wondering if there is a
>> way this can be done in higher-level burning softwares than cdrdao (the
>> kind of k3b, gnomebaker...)
>
> OK. Nicolas patch for toc export is missing some variables, so writing with
> cdrdao doesn't work (yet)
>
> I'm all in for exporting to something that can be used with higher level cd
> burning applications, though, if starting an external process that calls
> cdrdao write file.toc in traverso does basically the same....

There's a couple of frontends for cdrdao. For example my simple RoxDAO
(which suffers some bitrot but it works) it's available at
http://kymatica.com/index.php/Main/Software

> From a usability pov, it would be great I think to just click: export and
> burn
> to cd, and watch a progress indicator ...?

Sure, it wouldn't be hard to make a cdrdao frontend inside traverso.
You'd need a page in the settings for cdrdao options then (device,
speed, driver, etc..) and then just run cdrdao in a subprocess and
display a small logwindow and a progressbar.

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]