traverso-devel

[Traverso-devel] external processing of clip through sox

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: [Traverso-devel] external processing of clip through sox
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:41:52 +0200

And here's the summarize of our talk about processing through sox:

(processing clip(s) with sox, with frontend for all sox stuff.)

• < SomeKey > brings up the 'sox process dialog' for (selected) clip(s).
• This dialog has a menu with all sox effects to choose from.
• When one effect is chosen, the lower half of this dialog shows the
available parameters for that effect.

I guess that it should be easy to build the GUI dynamically, writing XML
to describe them? That way it would be easy to extend with other
external apps. Perhaps even letting the poweruser do so himself..

At least, I think there should also be a generic 'process clip with
external app' which just brings up a textbox where one fills in the
shellcommands to pipe the clip through. This could be a first start, and
would allow one to use sox as well even though one have to write the
cmdline for sox manually... Simple, but very powerfull!

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-