tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Re : Re: Re : Re: Where do I get pthread.h?

From: david . koch
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re : Re: Re : Re: Where do I get pthread.h?
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 18:59:52 +0100 (CET)

Not trolling, I love C, and even more so assembler.

But let's face it, "C" as a language is spawned into many incarnations.

All barely compatible with each other, unless you stick to C89. If so.

About libraries, pthread is not even present on Windows, unless Cygwin or so.

To progress you have to learn from your flaws and failures.

C23 has become a mixture of various other languages out there to the point it
becomes abhorrent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C23_(C_standard_revision)

Only to stay "relevant" yet TCC won't never be able to reach full conformance.

TCC is a great project, but the real priority is bug fixing for already
established standards.

That the TCC packaging could be misleading is indeed a problem for newcomers.

Hence I made a TCC "distro" more featured (include files) :

https://github.com/Kochise/tinycc_win32/tree/master/win32

Yet still no "pthread.h" hence this fails :

https://github.com/Kochise/tinycc_win32/blob/master/tests/tests2/106_pthread.c

That's be great to provide a complete self sustaining portable package that
pass all its own tests.

Anyway, I use TCC to compile an old project before Pioneer existed :

https://github.com/Kochise/GLFrontier-win32/blob/main/src/Makefile-tcc.bat

https://github.com/pioneerspacesim/pioneer ->
https://wiki.pioneerspacesim.net/wiki/FAQ#What.27s_the_history_of_Pioneer

https://pioneerspacesim.itch.io/pioneer /
https://pioneerspacesim.net/page/download/

So, see, I still use TCC, but try to work around it's limitations.

So not "trolling" that much.

People should deliver a better experience of their beloved language.

Regards.