tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc: error: unknown relocation type for got: 285

From: vw
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc: error: unknown relocation type for got: 285
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 18:40:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ziyao,

When I do the command uname -a, it does report back as aarch64:
> uname -a
Linux oogway 5.15.76-v8+ #1597 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 4 12:16:41 GMT 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

When I installed libtcc, I just used the command:
sudo apt install libtcc-dev
So, I am not sure how to find if it is ARM32 or AArch64?  I assume everything must be AArch64?

 I have 2 raspberry pi 4's, and it is the same "relocation 285" error on both.

I can add that tcc itself works fine on the raspberry pi 4 from the command line.
On my amd desktop, the libtcc_test.c file compiles and runs fine.

I didn't compile anything myself, all tcc, libtcc-dev where installed via the sudo apt install.  My version of debian is 11 (bullseye).

I am really interested in the feature of dynamic compilation as in the libtcc_test.c example file.

Thanks!
Vinny

On 2023-12-08 07:48, Henri Carrie via Tinycc-devel wrote:
> But when i tried to get it to work on my raspberry pi 4, running debian
> 11, I got this error and I don’t know how to get around it:
> tcc: error: Unknown relocation type for got: 285

Are you running an AArch64 variant of Debian or an ARMv7 one?

Relocation type 285 stands for R_AARCH64_LDST32_ABS_LO12_NC, which is
handled
in arm64-link.c. Are you using libtcc compiled for ARM32 instead of
AArch64?

> Any suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> thanks!
> Vinny