tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ELF][Relocatable] undefined global symbols will conf

From: Sylvain BERTRAND
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ELF][Relocatable] undefined global symbols will confuse binutils bfd if not set to STT_NOTYPE
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 10:57:00 +0000

On Fri, Oct 27, 2023 at 05:17:30PM +0200, draco wrote:
> tcc uses the elf structure also to generate the windows binaries, so the
> STT_NOTYPE is carried over to the windows dll.
> But maybe the cause is different, memtest and dlltest also fail.

Hi,

To know that, in your tcc test branch, remove the 3 lines of code from the
current tinycc mob branch head, and re-generate all your tcc products and re-run
your tests.

If it is working, those specific ELF requirements for binutils bfd are not
compatible with TCC COFF generator, and we will need to protect those lines with
a TCC_TARGET_COFF preprocessor macro I guess.

regards,

--
Sylvain