tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ELF][Relocatable] undefined global symbols will conf

From: Jeffrey Skinner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ELF][Relocatable] undefined global symbols will confuse binutils bfd if not set to STT_NOTYPE
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 09:05:21 +0900

unsubscribe

---- On Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:24:07 +0900 Sylvain BERTRAND <sylvain.bertrand@legeek.net> wrote ---

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 07:15:11PM +0200, draco wrote:
> Sylvain,
>
> it seems to me, like this patch breaks the windows builds, maybe for
> exactly the same reason, ldd gets confused.
>
> See the github mirror of tinycc, it has some automated builds and the
> win32 part starts breaking with linker errors against libtcc exactly
> after picking up your patch:
>
> https://github.com/TinyCC/tinycc/actions

Hi,

I don't understand, this patch modifies only ELF relocatable generation, this
is unrelated to win32 PE/COFF file generation. Additionally, cproc/qbe
compilers are generating similar ELF relocatable files, meaning they would
break too.

I cannot get more information since your github link is "empty", this github
"feature" does not seem to work with the noscript/basic (x)html browsers I
use.

regards,

--
Sylvain