tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC C99 / C11

From: John Mastronardo
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC C99 / C11
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 08:34:00 -0400

TCC is indeed amazing. Thank you for all your hard work. But here, the compiler always seems to be in a state of flux, never reaching a stable standard. IMHO, you should have two goals: Strive for a fully compatible C99, published as a stable C99 1.0 release as soon as possible. Call this your “production” C compiler, always available for download, just as on the Fabrice Bellard website. Then, separately, continue to build in C11 compatibility with ongoing “test” releases. That way, at least, programmers can depend on their code always compiling properly using your 1.0 compiler, while work is later being done on your C11 release.

—JM