tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Re : Lock-free tcc

From: david . koch
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re : Lock-free tcc
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 19:47:34 +0200 (CEST)

Thank you.

Regards.

----- Mail d'origine -----
De: Richard Allen <rsaxvc@gmail.com>
À: tinycc-devel@nongnu.org
Envoyé: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 18:45:10 +0200 (CEST)
Objet: [Tinycc-devel] Lock-free tcc

Hello,

It's my first time posting to this list.

A bit ago I started playing with the idea of a multi-threaded compiler,
and put together a prototype using libtcc. I ran into the code-gen
mutex as a bottleneck.

It's based on an older commit, but I was able to refactor all global variables
into TCCState and remove the mutexes to get better scaling.

I'm not sure if this work would be useful to anyone else,
but thought I would share with this list.

https://github.com/rsaxvc/tinycc-multithreaded

-Richard