tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about adding new instruction

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Question about adding new instruction
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 16:42:42 +0200

On 18.08.2023 12:41, Jens Nyberg wrote:
Hi!

I have two questions really:

1, I am thinking of adding the "ltrw" instuction to i386. I see there is
already an ltr instruction so there might be good reason you don't have the w-variant? In
any case how would I add it properly? Would adding a line like this be ok or do I need to
do something else as well?

DEF_ASM_OP1(ltrw, 0x0f00, 3, OPC_MODRM, OPT_EA | OPT_REG)

IIRC there is some mechanism to handle b/w/l suffixes more or less
automatically.  You need to see whether you could use that or better
just add a separate instruction.

2. Is there a reason why the .extern keyword is not recognized by the assembler?

According to the gnu as docs it is ignored, so no,  I don't see a reason
why tcc couldn't just ignore it too.

-- gr

Thank you!

  / Jens