tinycc-devel

[Tinycc-devel] Question about adding new instruction

From: Jens Nyberg
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Question about adding new instruction
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 12:41:19 +0200

Hi!

I have two questions really:

1, I am thinking of adding the "ltrw" instuction to i386. I see there is already an ltr instruction so there might be good reason you don't have the w-variant? In any case how would I add it properly? Would adding a line like this be ok or do I need to do something else as well?

DEF_ASM_OP1(ltrw, 0x0f00, 3, OPC_MODRM, OPT_EA | OPT_REG)

2. Is there a reason why the .extern keyword is not recognized by the assembler?

Thank you!

 / Jens