tinycc-devel

Re: [Tinycc-devel] Implementation of '--' argument

From: Herman ten Brugge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Implementation of '--' argument
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 22:18:08 +0200

On 4/16/23 20:10, certanan wrote:
>From experience, when a program invoked by a shell sees the '--' flag, it
stops looking for options.

$ grep -V            // print grep version
grep (GNU grep) 3.8

$ grep -- -V         // match for '-V'
[waiting for stdin where matching for '-V' will occur]

If I'm not mistaken, tcc expects only file-names and options as arguments (if
no file-names are provided, it reads code from stdin). Hence after '--' it
would treat all arguments as file-names or resort to reading code from stdin if
none are provided.

- certanan