Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Wiki

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SWFTools Wiki
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 12:53:47 +0200

Dear Chris,

sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your work with the wiki.

To your last question, I’d move the wiki to GitHub if it costs you money
right now.

I think there is a more relevant issue here. swftools are unactive for
more than a year.

-Lastest commit in master was from Thu Jul 25 19:49:07 2013 -0700.

-Lastest message from Matthias to the list was from Wed, 14 Aug 2013
16:36:56 -0400,

-In a message to the list from Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:55:28 -0700, Matthias
states that there is a branch that would replace xpdf with poppler. In
the public git (I have just cloned), there is no other branch than master.

Sorry if I’m missing something. I’m not a fan of GitHub, but I think it
could help here. At least to track bug reports. Having them in a mailing
list is the best way to forget them.

Even if the GitHub repository contains no code, it would be useful to
host the wiki and to have the issues organized at one place.

Just in case it might help, I have just created the swftools
organization there [I can transfer it to anyone who wants to have it, or
I could simply delete it]

What do you think about this, Chris?

I hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Cheers,

Pablo

--
http://www.ousia.tk