[Swftools-common] .sound element in swfc

From: Pablo Rodríguez
Subject: [Swftools-common] .sound element in swfc
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:01:57 +0100

Dear list,

as I have reported in a previous message, swfc doesn’t embed .sound
elements in WAV format. It simply ignores it, since it seems not to be
compatible with lame 3.99.

Since lame-3.98 seems to work fine with swfc, I downgraded lame to
version 3.98. I‘m on Linux, but I guess this isn’t an option in Windows.

In order to have the same functionality with the latest version of lame
(until the bug isn’t fixed), I checked that the sound properties of the
MP3 file embedded by lame through swfc are the following: 1 sound
channel, bit rate 32k, sample frequency rate 11.025MHz.

But if I provide swfc with the .mp3 file, output file size is higher. I
think this is caused by the fact that in this case the file is only
embedded. When the swfc has to embed a .wav file, swfc both encodes and
compresses the mp3 file in embedding it into the .swf file.

It seems that the only option to get this working again is to fix the
bug, isn’t it?

I want to experiment with sound compression. I would like to decrease
sound file size using a frequency rate of 8MHz.

But how can I make swfc to compress this file with 8Mhz instead of 16Mhz?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk