Re: [Swftools-common] [SWFC] Resizing sprites

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] [SWFC] Resizing sprites
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 00:51:27 +0100

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:06:39 -0500
>Tail Kinker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 01/09/2011 06:48 PM, Chris wrote:

> Unfortunately, I think you missed my point.  Visible or
> invisible (and  invisible was what I wanted), the button
> is just not there.  It cannot even be tabbed to.
> (Or rather, it can, but this doesn't help, because
> wherever it is, it can't be clicked upon.)

I didn't miss the point, but you have. It's better to make
things visible first, so you can see *EXACTLY* what's happening.
Especially true when there are semantic or other errors in your
code.  Seeing is believing.

When I filled in the gaps in your code, all worked tickety-boo.
Example?  What's the variable 'i' in,

   b_leftarm._width = int(i + 30);

>  The extra code is the bit that moves the button, changing its
> _x and _y properties.

I'm fully aware of that.  I chose not to quote those lines for
the simple reason that they weren't relevant to the point I was
trying to make ( which you missed ).

Suggestion:

Try posting to this list the *complete* ( as in compilable ) swfc
script that you say doesn't work.  I'll post back revised code
showing you that it does. Sound fair? ;o)

Chris.

--
Chris <address@hidden>