Re: [Swftools-common] [SWFC] Resizing sprites

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] [SWFC] Resizing sprites
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 00:48:28 +0100

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 17:48:28 -0500
Tail Kinker <address@hidden> wrote:

> But if I try to resize a button--which is really just a sprite:
>
> .sprite b_leftarm
>      .box r_leftarm01 110 70 fill
>      .button b_leftarm01
>          .show r_leftarm01 as=area
>          .on_press inside:
>              startDrag (false, 240, 180, 240, 260);
>          .end
>          .on_release:
>              stopDrag();
>          .end
>      .end
>      .put b_leftarm01
> .end
>

>      b_leftarm._width = int(i + 30);
>      b_leftarm._x = 240;
>      b_leftarm._y = int(i);
>
> ...my sprite/button vanishes into thin air, never to be seen
> again.

Actually your sprite/button IS there, you just can't see it.
Try it this way..

.flash filename="tail.swf" bbox=300x200 version=8 fps=60 compress
.sprite b_leftarm
     .box r_leftarm01 width=110 height=70 color=blue fill=red
     .button b_leftarm01
         .show r_leftarm01 as=shape
#         .show r_leftarm01 as=hover
#         .show r_leftarm01 as=pressed
         .on_press inside:
             startDrag (false, 240, 180, 240, 260);
         .end
         .on_release:
             stopDrag();
         .end
     .end
     .put b_leftarm01
.end
 .put b_leftarm
.end

.. then, take out the hashes on lines 6 and 7 to see the result
of your code.

> Code is non-representative, and currently reflects my attempts
> to  debug.  Any suggestions?

(.. that sounds like a get out clause..  )

Perhaps when you 'debug', you should simplify things, rather than
add more complication? There is a well known and very apt saying,
about not being able to see the wood for the trees. ;o)

HTH.

Regards,

Chris.

--