[Swftools-common] Exact image alignment needed

From: Mike Heffelfinger
Subject: [Swftools-common] Exact image alignment needed
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 22:01:35 -0500

Hello all,
I have a question about image alignment in flash files created with swfc.

I'm creating a .swf file with swfc. The .swf file will be the header of my website (http://www.nasareview.com) and needs to align perfectly with the rest of the web page, but the image in the .swf file is shifted one pixel right and down throwing off the look of my website. Is there any way to precisely position static images in flash animations so they'll line up with other elements in webpages?

I've simplified my .sc file for this question (the one used for the above website is more complex but has the same problem):

.flash bbox=950x140 filename="myFile.swf" fps=25
    .png s3 "headerBackground.png"
    .put s3 x=0 y=0
.end

The headerBackground.png input image is exactly 950x140 pixels. I have a simple web page to display myFile.swf

<head>
</head>
<object
width="950" height="140" >
<param name="movie" value="nasaReviewHeader.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">

<embed src="nasaReviewHeader.swf" width="950" height="140" play="true" loop="false" quality="high"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
</embed>
</object>

Thanks,