Re: [Swftools-common] Replace a string

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Replace a string
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 09:02:28 +0100

On 27 March 2010 16:55, Roger Chinchilla <address@hidden> wrote:
> I would like to know if there exists a way to change text at the time of
> conversion.

If you intend altering the text in the pdf, then you don\t need
pdf2swf.  Several tools out there that allow you to do that.

>I am currently importing a file

Importing a file?  In what format?

>..and converting it to SWF

In which case if you embed the fonts, then you could alter the text,
much as in the
highlight text example,

   http://wiki.swftools.org/index.php/Pdf2swf

> there exists a specific string that I would like to change:
> Copyright 2009 and I would like to change it to Copyright 2000-2009. Is
> there any way to identify "Copyright 2009" and assign a replacement at the
> exact same starting position?

Sounds dodgy. :o)

> Changing the source document before importing is not an option.

Maybe try explaining in slightly more depth?

Chris