Re: [Swftools-common] Re: pdf2swf textSnapshots in OCR'ed PDF files

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Re: pdf2swf textSnapshots in OCR'ed PDF files
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:22:04 +0200

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 10:13:11AM -0700, tachy0n tachy0n <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I'm not sure if my previous mail went to the list as I had not
> subscribed to the mailing list when I sent it. So I'm resending it
> again. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.
>
> I've tried changing the z-order of the Static Text to be above the
> Shapes (Bitmaps) and set the alpha for the static text to 0 so that
> just the highlights will be visible, but that shows a solid yellow
> highlight on top of the bitmap for the selected text.

I think that's actually the best you'll get. The problem you have
with OCR'd files is that they contain two characters for every
character they recognized:
One as bitmap, for displaying, one (invisible) box character for
selection, on top of the bitmap.

When flash selects a character it'll invert it. As the
invisible boxes are empty, you'll get solid yellow rectangles when
selecting text.

It's weird that your OCR solution puts the transparent box characters
below the bitmap, though.

Matthias