[Swftools-common] stopping those darn movies

From: Kirk Zurell
Subject: [Swftools-common] stopping those darn movies
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 11:36:41 -0400

Chris Pugh wrote:
> 2009/5/27 Kirk Zurell <address@hidden>:
>> I need to make a splash screen flash movie clickable: to allow the user
>> to click on it to getURL(), and preferably to have it getURL on its own
>> at the end of the movie.
> Try it this way.. ( rough example).

>> Also, is there any setting to ensure the movie only runs once? The movie
>> was created with "-loop 1" in ffmpeg, and runs only once on its own. The
>> test page has a parameter <PARAM NAME="loop" VALUE="false">

[oops, turns out that -loop_count 1 seems not to work for ffmpeg for
swf, just for anim. gif]

> Check that all the frames have been played,
>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/action_scripts/actionscript_dictionary/actionscript_dictionary576.html
>
> then stop/unload the movie, and automatically call the URL?

Getting closer:

I hit on the .frame method of watching the frame count; the subordinate
animation is 160 frames, so I wait until frame 160 to do anything. Both
movies are at 25fps, this can be altered if necessary.

While the next page is loading, the animation starts repeating despite
telling the sprite to stop() (or unloadMovie()).

Is this a good solution? How can I get the sprite swf to freeze on its
last frame and not continue while the next page loads?

Thanks
Kirk

.flash filename="test1.swf" version=6 background=#87002F \
      bbox=468x600 fps=25 compress

  .box buttonbox color=#87002F height=600 width=468 fill=#87002F

  .sprite swf_movie
    .put buttonbox alpha=0%
    .action:
      buttonbox._height=600;