[Swftools-common] Buggy deletion with swfc

From: Richard Wagner
Subject: [Swftools-common] Buggy deletion with swfc
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:03:32 -0500

I found an odd bug while working with swfc. The following script produces the error when run with swftools-2009-02-16-1757 on Mac OS X:

----- begin bug.sc -----
.flash fps=10 filename="bug.swf"
        .circle N 30 color=yellow fill=blue
        .circle W 30 color=yellow fill=red
        .put N 60 50
        .put W 50 60
        .frame 10
                .del N
                .del W
.end
----- end bug.sc -----

$ ./swfc bug.sc
"bug.sc", line 8 column 8: error- instance W not known

The confounding part is that changing the name of the objects fixes the problem (sometimes). It also works correctly with swftools-0.8.1, but then I'd lose the interpolation features I like in the newer version.

My best guess is that there's a problem with the dict_del() function in the file q.c. It seems to be deleting both N and W on the ".del N" command.

Regards,
Rick Wagner