Re: [Swftools-common] external and internal links

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] external and internal links
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:20:04 +0000

Hi there,

I've not really been a user of pdf2swf to date, however, in the
interests of experimentation, had a little play with the routine ( and
also with files you attached ).

I used the simple command sequence below,

    pdf2swf -s simpleviewer testdocodt.pdf

to produce your testdocodt.swf.

The external links all work aok, *but* with one proviso .. they only
work the one time!   To get them to work again, one has to refresh the
swf.  The usual securtiry warning pops up, so could well be that the
security settings within Flash player 10 itself are killing any
external access.  Worth checking.  BTW,  I'm using the debug version
of Flashplayer 10 at the moment, so would need to investigate further
to see if the same issue occurs with earlier versions.

The internal links I am unab;le to fault.  Page numbers are correct,
at lease using the above command. Perhaps if you just adjust your page
numbering..?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Chris.