[Swftools-common] [swfcombine] SWF in a loop

From: Wouter Verheijen
Subject: [Swftools-common] [swfcombine] SWF in a loop
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:06:40 +0100

Hi all,

I am very glad to have discovered the swftools; they will be of much use!

At the moment I am particulary interested in the swfcombine utility,
with the -a switch, to create a movie sequence for a public display.
The issue I encounter now is that the Flash player cannot play the
resulting swf file in a loop. That is, the playback stops at the last
frame of the movie, even though the "Loop" menu option is activated on
the Flash player. I would expect that the movie is restarted at the
first frame. Could you please shed some light on why this happens, and
possibly how it can be resolved? Thanks!!

(I tested with swftools-2009-01-06-2243, Flash Player 10 on Windows and Linux)

Regards,
Wouter