Re: [Swftools-common] wait for SWF to be ready

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] wait for SWF to be ready
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 22:33:57 +0000

2009/1/23 Benedikt Quirmbach <address@hidden>:
> How can my php script figure out when the swf is completed?

Perhaps  you should closely examine the way you are calling swfc from that
PHP script?   See,

   http://uk.php.net/manual/en/refs.fileprocess.process.php

It sounds as if  the script is returning control to Flex, before the
swfc compilation
has actually terminated.   Big file?

> Can SWFC lockk the swf it is creating until it is completed? How?

Wrong direction to look in?   See above.   When swfc returns control,
the swf already
*is* complete.   In fact, you yourself have confirmed this,

<snip>When I download the newly created swf everything is OK</snip>

> Are there any other solutions?

As many as there are y's in the days of the week perhaps? ;o)

Regards,

Chris.