Re: [Swftools-common] swftools-0.8.1 question

From: Chris Pugh
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] swftools-0.8.1 question
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:24:11 +0000

Assuming all the relevant libraries and pre-requsites are in place,
GCC should compile a program for what ever platform
it's told  to compile for.   Obviously,  64 bit code specific code
won't run on 32 bit machine, though the reverse should be fine ( which
is what you've found ).  So, is there a problem with telling the
default compiler on  that 64 bit system of
yours to compile for 32 bit?   You are only using SWFT to produce an
straight swf after all.

I am not as yet familiar with ( and thus unable to comment on ) the
internals of the SWFTools source code - you need
Mattias for that one.  However, bearing in mind the major differences
between the two architectures,  maybe you should
enquire of your 'systems guy', why he made the automatic assumption
that cross-compilation and execution would be plain sailing?

Sorry I can't be more help.

Chris.