Re: [Swftools-common] RE :combine swf using a master file

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] RE :combine swf using a master file
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:16:52 +0100

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:00:05AM -0500, Francois Boyer <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using the following command to combine two swf into a single one :
> swfcombine -o output.swf -merge Master.swf foo=slave1.swf foo2=slave2.swf
>
> The reason why I'm using the -merge option is simple.  I need to be
> able to pause/play the output.swf animation.  If I don't use the merge
> tag, it does what I need except that I can't pause the animation.

--merge together with master/slave mode doesn't make much sense.
I recommend instead fixing the ActionScript that does the pause/play
stuff.
I guess that the buttons don't work for you right now is because you're
stopping the top-level movieclip, not the "slave" movieclips.
Try something like this:

    foo.stop();
    foo2.stop();
    stop();