[Swftools-common] RE :combine swf using a master file

From: Francois Boyer
Subject: [Swftools-common] RE :combine swf using a master file
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:00:05 -0500

Let me clarify my previous.

I’m using the following command to combine two swf into a single one : swfcombine –o output.swf –merge Master.swf foo=slave1.swf foo2=slave2.swf

The reason why I’m using the –merge option is simple.  I need to be able to pause/play the output.swf animation.  If I don’t use the merge tag, it does what I need except that I can’t pause the animation.  I put 2 buttons into master.swf, one to pause and the other to play. If I don’t use the merge option, the buttons just doesn’t works.  If I use the merge option, the buttons works perfectly but… once slave2.swf finish (this animation is shorter), the animation stay on its last frame instead of disappearing.

Can I have both behaviors?  I mean, when I pause the animation, the merged animation also pauses and when an animation finishes before another, it disappears instead of staying at its last frame.

Thanks!

François.

Hi All,

I’m having a problem when I merge a shorter swf animation into another one.  Let say the master file use 500 frames and the “slave” file use 200 frames.  When I play the output, and it reach the frame 200, the merged animation should disappear but doesn’t.  When the merged animation finished, I would like it disappear.

Is somebody knows how to do that?

Actually I’m going into the merged animation and I add it a blank frame at the end, so the animation stay, but seams to disappear because I hide it manually.  My problem with this solution is I can’t ask that workaround to my customer.

Please, if someone have information to solve that issue, it would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance.

François.