Re: [Swftools-common] sound with rfxview

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] sound with rfxview
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:51:16 +0100

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 07:55:15AM +0700, John Francis Lee <address@hidden>
wrote:
> I have a series of nice little .swf's I made with Matthias' help from
> .pdf's using pdf2swf. I've figured out how to add the rfxview.swf to
> them to turn their pages using swfcombine. What I would like to do now
> is to add sound, and have the sound go with the pages.
>
> The pdf's are just pages with pictures of objects with their names. The
> sounds will be the pronunciation of those names.

So for every page, you want to play a sound?
Well, for a quick solution/hack, I guess you can change
rfxview.sc to do that.

Change this function:

    setPageNr = function() {
        et.text = "  "+pagenr+" / "+swf._totalframes;
        swf.gotoAndStop(pagenr);
    };

to something like this:

    setPageNr = function() {
        et.text = "  "+pagenr+" / "+swf._totalframes;

        if(pagenr==1) {
            sound1.play();
        } else if(pagenr==2) {
            sound2.play();
        } else if(pagenr==3) {
            sound3.play();
        }

        swf.gotoAndStop(pagenr);
    };

and also add the sounds you want to play at the start of the file:

    .sprite sound1
        .sound s1 filename="Page1Sound.wav"
        .stop
        .frame