Re: [Swftools-common] words search in generated swf

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] words search in generated swf
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:58:18 +0200

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 04:51:33PM +0200, Raphaël SINTES - PINKDEV
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I've developped a systeme that take html file, convert it to pdf and
> finally generate one swf per page.
> I've developped a viewer for play the generated page.
> In my viewer, i've a search module.
> For the moment i can retreive on witch page is the searched word (i
> store in sql db extracted text from the pdf).
> But i want to know if it possible to retreive the text in the generated
> swf and highlight it.

This might help you, or at least give you a basic idea about
how to do flash text search & highlighting:
    http://www.swftools.org/flash/textsnapshot.html

It uses static text, to instead use a converted HTML/PDF file
change
    sprite TextBox
        .put line1 x=0 y=50
        .put line2 x=0 y=100