[Swftools-common] Compilling of swftools for windows

From: Isabelle Tan
Subject: [Swftools-common] Compilling of swftools for windows
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:30:47 +0800

Hi, I am unable to successfully compile the latest swftools for
windows. I followed the instructions found in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2005-02/msg00023.html
and was successful with the stable 0.8.1 version.

However, attempting to duplicate it a few times for the new versions
in the last month, have been running into the following problems
during make.
First, it throws me this error
$ make
making all in m4...
cd m4;make all
make[1]: Entering directory `/f/swftools2005/m4'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/f/swftools2005/m4'
making all in lib...
cd lib;make all
make[1]: Entering directory `/f/swftools2005/lib'
Makefile:24: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/f/swftools2005/lib'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Line 24 and downwards is

lame/%.$(O): lame/%.$(C)
       $(C) $< -o $@
action/%.$(O): action/%.$(C)
       $(C) $< -o $@

Having no idea what to do with those lines, I commented those out and
make started running.

It then had another problem here:

../lib/libgfx.lib(gfxpoly.obj)(.text+0xf86):gfxpoly.c: undefined
reference to `l                rand48'
make[1]: *** [pdf2swf.exe] Error 1

Checking that lrand48, I was unable to find how to use it, so I
changed it to rand (knowing there will be logic errors) and it then
finally compiled and created the .exe files for me.
So, just to test, pdf2swf (most of concern here, secondary would be
swfstrings) did indeed run and was able to output the pages and page
size of pages in a pdf, but any conversion failed at the gfxpoly.

So I am wondering how to get it to compile properly.

Thanks, Isabelle