[Swftools-common] Hard clipping when printing a swf

From: Bertrand L.
Subject: [Swftools-common] Hard clipping when printing a swf
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:25:16 +0100

Hello,

I have a problem related to printing, I'm not sure it is related to
pdf2swf, but I really fail to see what is wrong :(

I have a pdf page smaller than A4 that is converted into swf using pdf2swf.

If I try to print it without any resizing, the swf is fully printed,
filling a good half of the A4 paper.

But the problem rises when I try to scale the swf to fill the entire
page. If I do touch _xscale and _yscale (or _width and _height), the
swf is correctly scaled, but the printing area is still the same that
the original size (when I didn't scale), this means that when I try to
enlarge the swf, the swf printed is bigger but I can only see the
upper left corner of the page. Lowering the scale does not have any
problem.

Any idea ?

This is the code used to print (compiled under Flash 8, ran under
Flash Player 9) :

var page : MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("zone", 0);
var mcl : MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
var o : Object = new Object();

o.onLoadInit = function(page : MovieClip) : Void {
        var pj : PrintJob = new PrintJob();
        pj.start();
        page._xscale = page._yscale = 150; // the page is scaled but the
printing area does not change
        pj.addPage(page);
        pj.send();
}