[Swftools-common] [pdf2swf]: is support for layers (OCG) in pdf-files pl

From: Martin Heller
Subject: [Swftools-common] [pdf2swf]: is support for layers (OCG) in pdf-files planned?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:24:54 +0100

Hi,

Is support for Optional Contents Groups og layeres in pdf-files planned for pdf2swf?

I often create presentations with LaTeX that contain animations made with the LaTeX package animate.sty. When these pdf-files are converted to swf with pdf2swf all frames of the animations are shown at the same time.

Here is a minimal example of a LaTeX document that generates an
animation that illustrates the problem:

Save as test.tex and compile with pdflatex test.tex (I tried to attach the output, but the message did not make it to the archive).

%% test.tex
\documentclass{minimal}
\usepackage{tikz,animate}

\pdfoutput=1
\pgfrealjobname{temp}

\newcounter{ang}
\setcounter{ang}{0}

\begin{document}

\beginpgfgraphicnamed{test}%
\begin{animateinline}[loop,autoplay]{36}
  \whiledo{\theang<360}{%
    \begin{tikzpicture}
      \draw (0,0) circle (2cm);
      \draw (0,0) -- (\theang:2);