Re: [Swftools-common] even-odd rule

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] even-odd rule
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:44:25 +0100

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 11:54:19AM +0100, Patrick Fradin wrote:
> I have a problem when I use pdf2swf with a pdf document which contains a
> non convex polygon (a star). In the swf result the center of the star is
> not filled, I think that swftools fills with the even-odd rule. My
> question is: can we change that? Is it a bug?

It's a bug, but unfortunately one which isn't easy to fix- the Flash
player only knows even/odd, so in order to fix that bug, one would have
to convert polygons from circular/anticircular fill style to even/odd.

You can however use the new option "-s poly2bitmap", which will convert
the polygons to a (correctly filled) bitmap.

Greetings

Matthias