Re: [Swftools-common] enforce filesize limit for SWF (PDF2SWF)

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] enforce filesize limit for SWF (PDF2SWF)
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:37:26 +0100

On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 07:16:09PM -0500, Ben Marchbanks wrote:
> However the same PDF later actually made it through the conversion but the
> 150kb PDF produced a 3.5MB SWF ! - no errors.
>
> How might I trap for instances like this during the conversion process and
> prevent large SWF from being introduced into my workflow  ?

*shrug*
I guess you can always reduce the maximum polygon count in
lib/device/swf.c:

    if(i->currentswfid == 65535) {

You might want to set this to something like 30000 oder 10000, for your
application. (65535 is the SWFs *real* limit, so incrementing,
unfortunately, does *not* work)

Greetings

Matthias